|Location||Wharf Lane, Tring, Hertfordshire, Tring, United Kingdom|
Discover yourself … with a unique opportunity to take on the role of a Waterside Crew member at the UK’s largest group of inland marinas – Aquavista, Situated on the Tring Summit of the Grand Union Canal, Cowroast Waterside & Marina.
At Aquavista, we’re proud of our history and excited about our future. And whether it is one of our busy city centre locations, or peaceful rural retreats, our marinas and crew are united by their commitment to delivering a memorable waterside experience and to help our customers discover and enjoy the best of waterside life.
We strive to exceed expectations and deliver results, with a focus on providing outstanding service and great facilities, underpinned by our customer centric Aquavista values.
If you’re driven and organised, would relish a role where you are empowered to take action within a small supportive team, located within tranquil settings, then read on …
Reporting into the Waterside Manager, as Waterside Crew, you will be accountable for supporting the manager in effective maintenance of this waterside location.
Your role will deliver on the success and smooth running of our waterside services by focusing on overall site maintenance quality whilst upholding high standards of customer service while adhering to all Aquavista best practice and compliance requirements including, such as undertaking site inspections and Health and Safety.
Give off good vibes:
- To ensure that customers and prospective customers are given consistently exceptional service, whether it be by phone, face to face, the web or email. Make every interaction a positive one for the customer.
- Ensure all customer facilities are maintained to a high standard.
- Ensure every customer interaction counts and ensuring customer complaints are listened to, actioned, or escalated to your line manager.
- Be positive and show energy by ensuring you always display a positive attitude.
- Ensure the brand vision and values are adhered to, ensuring they are lived and breathed daily.
- Carrying out any agreed work to the deadlines set.
- Adhere to the brand vision, values, and guidelines - ensuring that you bring them to life every day and support others to do the same.
Get on-board together:
- To cover other sites where needed if it is a reasonable request.
- Take ownership of any tasks or projects required.
- Work alongside any third parties on site to ensure efficient delivery of work required, following guidelines and to approved risk and method statements that meet Aquavista standards
- Create and strive for an environment of open and honest communication regardless of role and seniority within the business
- Behave as one crew, supporting your manager to work collaboratively with the team to achieve aligned goals and priorities
- Embrace and respect differences – making time to listen and seek feedback
Make it happen:
- Take pride, take accountability, own, and follow through any projects.
- Ensure site quality is always delivered.
- Keep the Marina tidy, clean and safe.
- To have an eye for detail and consistently deliver the required standards, service, and results, assess things with fresh eyes and ensure that process and procedure is adhered to.
- Plan and undertake routine maintenance tasks.
- Maintain compliance and governance by adhering to inspections of routine and safety checks, fault management procedures and risk assessments in line with H&S legislation.
- Ensure compliance with SLAs and adhere with other organisations standards where applicable.
- Ensure all paperwork, orders, deliveries, and invoices are maintained & processed efficiently.
- Listen to and work in collaboration with your whole crew to exceed expectations and eradicate any risks identified – including H&S compliance
- Maintain compliance and governance throughout the marina.
The successful candidate should have:
Key skills and behaviour required:
- Punctual, reliable, and trustworthy.
- Customer focus and experience in delivering and inspiring exceptional customer service and service journeys
- Effectiveness and demonstrable experience in communicating to a range of stakeholders; with experience communicating under pressure and dealing with customer feedback.
- Enjoys working outside, as part of a one team.
- Able to manage time effectively.
- Be detailed focus and ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- A positive can-do attitude where the boundaries of ‘best’ are exceeded
- A thirst for change and empowerment
- Experience of working within a team and examples of influential management
- A willingness to get hands on in an outdoor focused environment
Desirable qualifications & experience
- Previous experience in a marina location.
- Health & Safety Awareness
- Knowledge of operational issues affecting the marina
- First aid
- Health and Safety trained
- Skills based knowledge across several, activities, ground maintenance, building repairs, plumbing and electrical.
- Competency assessed and certified to use plant & equipment.
- Electrical like for like training.
- Emergency planning experience